Saturday 22 January 2011

College Magazine Front Covers

This is the magazine i feel is my second most successful. I think the colour scheme works well, the blue on the wall and the bits of blue on the figures shirt works well, and the wall being all one colour allows for the headline to stand out. I feel that the cover lines also stand out, and you can see that i went for the simple black and white look which i think helped this. I feel that the seal of approval also works well, and the word 'WIN!' attracts the reader. I also feel that the image is of a good quality and looks good enough to be on the cover of a magazine; it's believable. The cover lines would appeal to college students, and the 'WIN! £100 worth of Topshop vouchers' would appeal to males and females, as the figure in the image is wearing clothing from that actual shop.
I think the cover is missing a few things, for instance, the figure is not engaging the reader by using direct mode of address. Some of the cover lines relate to the main image, however their isn't a clear main cover line linking the image to the stories. I also feel that the cover is maybe a bit too simple, i didn't use any props and could have done with adding more colour into the cover lines. I also feel that a completely blank wall would have been better to use rather than the wall having photos on it, because this take away from the main image and the cover lines and may lead the reader to think the magazine could have something to do with photography, which it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment